If you have a desire to conduct research and enjoy innovative projects in Australia, then you can apply for this MRes and PhD Positionsfunded by Macquarie University. The programme is open to international students for the academic session 2020/2021.
The funding opportunity encourages students who want to undertake an MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle, a PhD degree programme in Engineering. As a successful candidate, you will create exciting microfluidic modules that enable high-throughput, robust, and automated single-cell analysis.
Macquarie University is renowned for its first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. Founded in 1964, it plays a major role in changing the traditional education system in Australia.
Why would you like to study at Macquarie University? At this university, you can find lots of degree programs and courses in a range of areas, and enjoy the modern facilities that it has to offer. Being a student of this university will be the most advantageous experience of your life.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle, PhD
- Award: Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle program or PhD program in Engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The minimum requirement for admission to an MRes degree:
- Bachelor or higher award from a recognized institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 4.38 on a 7 point scale and GPA of 5.25 at 300 level.
- A research proposal (a short paragraph is sufficient).
- The minimum requirement for admission to a PhD degree is:
- Completion of a Master of Research (MRes) with a grade of at least a Distinction level (75% or greater in the second year.
- A Master of Philosophy.
- A two-year Masters’s degree with a major research component at Distinction level (75% or greater).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity s, applicants must take admission in an MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle, PhD degree programme at the Macquarie University. After getting enrolled, new applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the OnlineHDR Candidature and application via the Online Application System and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office.
- Supporting Documents: Must include any additional documentation/research output, must indicate the allocation number under the program details question, must include ID number and full name in email subject line (in one PDF attachment).
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
Macquarie University will provide funding benefits consisting of a tuition fee offset and a living allowance stipend. The value and tenure of The grant is an “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $28,092 per annum (in 2020 tax-exempt for up to 3 years – indexed annually).